We have rules regarding the content and format of jobs posted on JobOppO. The purpose is to ensure that our candidate users get results which are presented as clearly and informatively as possible.
- JobOppO allows Clients to advertise “jobs for Veterans”
- By submitting a vacancy to the Website, you are authorising JobOppO to post the vacancy. You are responsible for the content of the vacancy and will indemnify JobOppO against any claim, loss, liability, expense and/or damage ("Losses") in connection therewith.
- You agree that we may, at our discretion and without liability to you, remove from JobOppO any advertisement which is posted in breach of these rules.
a. The job posted must exist in the location advertised
b. The job title should be specific and be the best description for the role. It must not include locations or salaries and should not be a slogan (e.g. Earn while you learn or Money to Be Made!).
c. Any qualifications and/or authorisations required by law or any or by any relevant professional body:
d. If the rate of pay is included, the job description must also include the nature of the work, the location, minimum experience, training and/or qualifications required for an applicant to receive such rate of pay. If the role is a commission only role then this must be stated on the vacancy.
e. The vacancy should accurately describe the role and not mislead the Candidate; sufficient detail should be included for the Candidate to understand the nature and the basic requirements of the role.
f. If the job role offers training and there is a charge for this then the vacancy must state this clearly. If you wish to advertise training courses, you must speak to our advertising team who can support this elsewhere in the site.
- Advertisements which discriminate (or appear to discriminate) on grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, and sexual orientation are illegal and may result in proceedings being taken against both the advertiser and the publisher. Advertisements are accepted by JobOppO on the basis that the advertiser confirms that any requirement or qualification which may appear to discriminate illegally complies with a permitted exemption under the relevant legislation. Notwithstanding this confirmation, if we nonetheless believe that an advertisement may be discriminatory we may at our discretion either amend the advertisement or remove it from JobOppO without liability to you to make any refund of amounts paid or due to be paid in respect of the posting or otherwise and will inform you accordingly.
- The Client shall provide sufficient details about itself and the vacancy to applicants including without limitation the Client's identity, the nature of its business, the nature of the role, the type of work to be performed, the commencement date, the likely duration, the hours of work, the location, the remuneration, the intervals of payment and benefits, and the notice periods required to be given and received.
- Candidates' responses will be forwarded punctually by JobOppO to the Client by e-mail. The Client is responsible for verifying the information contained in applicants' responses and JobOppO accepts no responsibility for the content of any such application. In particular, but without limitation, the Client is responsible for verifying the applicant's identity, eligibility to work, experience, training, qualifications and authorisations required by the Client, by law or by any relevant professional body for the vacancy.
- You agree to deal fairly and professionally with individuals who may respond to an advertisement you have posted and not do anything which may bring JobOppO into disrepute. All and any subsequent dealings between you and any Candidate in connection with the Candidate's response to the job posting are your responsibility. You will indemnify us from and against any claim brought by an individual against JobOppO arising from your breach of this obligation or any other of these Terms.
- The Client will comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation, current data protection legislation and the Equality Act 2010. By submitting a vacancy to the Website, the Client thereby confirms that the content of the vacancy complies with the Code of Practice on Employment provided by the Equality and Human Rights Commission. The Client shall indemnify JobOppO against any Losses in connection therewith.
- You agree not to post any vacancy where:
a. there is a risk to the health and safety of any applicant, unless you undertake to inform the candidates of such risks and the steps taken to prevent or control such risks; or
b. the role involves working with vulnerable persons, including without limitation persons under the age of 18 or persons in need of care and attention by reason of old age, infirmity or any other circumstances, unless the you undertake, in respect of the candidate to be placed to take all reasonably practicable steps, including without limitation complying with all relevant laws, codes of practices and guidelines issued by relevant authorities, to confirm that the candidate is not unsuitable for the position concerned.
- The Client accepts responsibility for any detriment which it may suffer or incur in respect of the engagement of a Candidate and shall hold JobOppO harmless against any Losses in connection therewith.
- The Client shall use all reasonable endeavours to ascertain that it will not be detrimental to the interests of the Candidate it intends to engage (if any) to work for the Client in the vacancy posted.
- JobOppO reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to remove any vacancy at any time without reason. Examples of vacancies that may be removed include, but are not limited to:
a. those that JobOppO considers illegal, inappropriate, or fraudulent
b. those that JobOppO considers do not meet the criteria outlined in clause 1.
c. those that do not meet our job site posting rules set out in clauses 26 to 33
d. those that directly or indirectly require or ask for application or registration fees
e. those that advertise, pyramid, network marketing or get-rich-quick schemes
f. those that have been indiscriminately posted or duplicated across multiple sectors
g. those that advertise websites, services, businesses, business opportunities and/or contact details.
- Job adverts will last for 28 Days, from the date posted.
- Clients understand and agree that the following actions constitute a new/additional job advertisement under this agreement: copying a job advertisement; reposting an expired, archived or deleted job advertisement; changing the location of an advertisement; extending a live job advertisement beyond 28 days. Minor changes to job advertisement body copy and advertisement title, work type, sector and classification categories do not usually constitute a new job advertisement.
- JobOppO acts as an agent and is not responsible for the content of job advertisements from different employers. If you have an issue with a job advertisement that is not your own, you should deal with this directly and not through JobOppO.